With over 20 years industry experience, Julia Rose is a celebrated floral artist with an international reputation for her sumptuous organic and naturally eclectic designs. Julia Rose is the epitome of artistry and glamour when it comes to her floral arrangements.
She has built her reputation on her jaw-dropping design and dedication to perfection, for all who have hired her ; be it the fashion and media industry requesting her to sprinkle her magic on bouquets and floral hair arrangements for their runway extravaganzas and fashion shoots; to the avant-garde media campaigns she has been appointed to for appreciation of her je nais se quoi; and the multitudes of clients who entrusted her to leave lasting impressions with her stylish impeccable eye for floral design, she has been consistently impressive.
‘I am one of those lucky people who just adore what they do! I love inspiring people for the momentous moments & special occasions in their life with exquisite flowers and beautiful styling props.
My love of flowers stems from spending hours amongst the blooms and herbs in my grandmother’s garden as a little girl. Playing inside cavernous branches of the magnificent hydrangea, picking one of my Grandfather’s prized roses to carry around with me all day to enjoy it’s sweet perfume…. relocating snails out of the garden and worms into the garden.
Now, on my farm, I wake up bright and early to collect the florals for the day as Lewis, our grandpa rescue Goose & his little buddy Frankie, cheekily welcomes the sun and watches protectively over his family of hens & guinea fowl. Rosie, my rowdy pup runs happily through the rows of peonies with a basket to help/hinder me collecting them. Tex the little black rescue cat stretches out in the sun on the top run of the garden bed. Rod, my main squeeze, plays flamenco guitar under the weeping fig while I design a fabulous floral gown for a photo shoot. Life is perfect, I’m living my dream.
I love creating & designing beautiful pieces of floral art – from sweet and simple all the way to the spectacular! Working with event coordinators, I help bring a room, marquee or simple area to life with flowers. Flowers relax, be-dazzle, impress and evokes the senses through sweet perfumes.
I take the utmost pride in my Designs & my Name. Julia Rose is the Creative Director for the Main Beach Spring Flower Festival.
Over the years She has inspired many brides by passing on “the seasons’ trends to many publications as well as being a freelance writer for some of Australia’s top Floral Industry Magazines.”
Julia was one of the Judges in Australias most popular Floral design competitions within the Industry. Rockstar florists.
And the list goes on, see below …….
Julia Rose x
• Appointed Creative Director and Arts Curator for the Main Beach Spring Flower Festival
• Conducted Demonstrations + Workshops throughout Australia, Japan & Indonesia representing the Floral Indusstry & selected growers throughout
• Designed promotional imagery for the Australian Flower Festival 2017 & World Flower Summit 2018
• Media installs and drives for Botanical Bazaar – Gold Coast Garden expo and the Ekka – Royal Brisbane Show 2017-18-19. Commissioned to create a media ‘frenzy’ around avante pieces for promotional prior too & at events.
• Judge in the National ‘Rockstar’ Florist Competition, receiving over 2500 entries throughout Aus. Prize was to spend a day with Julia Rose, Cecilia Fox and Holly Hipwell. Creating pieces unique to each designer.
• Designs have been featured in worldwide campaigns, as well as national and international fashion magazines. Julia has designed countless Cover images for print and online publications.
• Known for creating branding images, for Growers and well-known Internationally recognized Brands. Including billboards and large-scale media campaigns, social media and red carpet events.
• Featured on ABC, Nine & 10 news, Fashion TV with fresh floral headpieces & runway extravaganza creations, they have also been featured as an ‘Artist’ on TV & radio programs.
• Curator for the Brisbane Arcade’s inaugural Spring Flower Show.
• Floral Design for a Channel 7 (West Media) Wedding series 2018-19.
• Feature designs for International Television shows with 10 – Granada and 9 (Bauer).
• Created an avant-garde floral gown for the QT Gold Coast Fashion week and awards.
• Opened International Fashion Week with three “floral gown” creations in 2014 & Sunshine Coast Fashion Week in 2015.
• Mentored and created large wearable fresh flowers pieces for CIAF in 2016, featuring on TV.
• Designed a floral gown for the red carpet at the Film and TV awards.
• Celebrity Event & wedding floral designer
• Designs have featured in publications such as The Brides Diary, Gold Coast wedding Magazine, Peppermint, New idea, Qld Brides, Qld Weddings, The Bulletin, The Courier Mail, The Sun, Northern Rivers Bridal diary, Eco Bride, Slim, Label, Envie, Elements, Ruth, Junkee. Countless Cover images.
• Designer of floral media pieces for the fashion industry elite
• Writer tips and hints on “what’s hot & In trend” in wedding flowers for Queensland wedding magazines.
• Esteemed floral schools from around the world direct their students to Julia Rose’s Social for inspiration.
• Creates designer gowns, archways and media walls for red carpet & media events.
• Featured on the world’s top ranking blogs specialising in flowers & fashion trends.
• Designs have been featured in worldwide campaigns, as well as national and international fashion magazines.
• Opened the Sunshine Coast Fashion Week in 2015.
• 5 years teaching floristry at the Gold Coast Institute of TAFE.